Helpful Hits for Printing Patterns from Ol' Don's
Here's some information to help you successfully print Ol'
For Windows machines
- Put your cursor over the image and right click. A window
will open where you will see "Save Picture As" as one
of the options.
- Click on "Save Picture As" and a "Save Picture"
window will open. In the "Save Picture" window you
- "Save In" This is the folder the image will be
saved in. You can leave it at the default setting or designate
a folder of your choice. Remember the folder in which you save
- "File Name" Identifies the image. Leave the default
or rename as you desire. Remember the name with of the image.
- "Save As Type" The drawings are either .gif or
.jpg and it is suggested that you leave the type as the default.
- Click on "Save" The image is now stored in your
- To print the image, open the folder in which you saved the
document and double click on the image. The image will open
in the default graphics viewer on your machine. Click on "Print"
and the full size 8.5 x 11 inch pattern should print properly.
For Mac Users:
- Put your cursor on the image and double click.
- When the menu window pops open, select "Save this image
as" and release the mouse button. When the "Save Image"
dialogue box opens, you have the option of:
- Changing the location in which the image is saved (default
will likely be your Desktop)
- Changing the name of the file
- It is suggested that you leave the file type as specified
- Click "Save" and the image will be saved in you
- Locate the image on you Desktop or in the file in which is
was saved; double click to open using the default graphics software
on your Mac.
- Select "File" and "Print" The full size
8.5 x 11 inch pattern should print properly.